IFAE performs frontier research in particle physics, astrophysics, and cosmology, fields of knowledge requiring advanced engineering, electronics and software technologies not existing in the market.
IFAE research & engineering teams develop their own technology, transferring it to industry by means of joint ventures, partnerships, R&D agreements, technical services based on singular scientific infrastructures, training sessions, consultancy, licensing and spin-off creation.
2016 TECH. TRANSFER OUTPUT AT IFAE
COMPETITIVE FUNDS FROM COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION ACTIONS WITH PRIVATE SECTOR
NON COMPETITIVE FUNDS COMING FROM INDUSTRIAL AGREEMENTS AND SERVICES OFFERED TO EXTERNAL ENTITIES
EUROPEAN PATENT APPLICATION FILED
- Catalan R&D 3D Biopsy system project funded within the “RIS3CAT TEC-HEALTH Community” (ACCiÓ, Generalitat de Catalunya) with the participation of 2 companies, 1 research center and 1 hospital (Spain).
CONTRACT RESEARCH & SERVICES
- 6 Technical Services executed (mechanical engineering, microelectronics, computing)
- 2 R&D Agreements signed with companies (electronics engineering, computing)
- 8 Customers (2 new)
- 1 Pre-accreditation granted for supplying IFAE technology to CERN via public tenders.
PROTECTION, VALORIZATION & LICENSING
- 8 Disclosure of Inventions evaluated (weather & environment, synchrotron beams, communications, computing, quality control imaging, subsoil imaging, medical imaging x2) including patent & product search, market research, exploitation and protection strategy analysis.
- 2 PCT applications filed (energy resolving line scan camera, PSK demodulator for IoT devices)
- 1 European patent application filed: Innovative PET system and method for advanced medical imaging.
- 2 Patents in force in 9 international patent extensions (medical physics and communications).
- 1 Open source license for a data management software (CTA project).
- 1 Course of intangible assets valuation co-organized and hosted at IFAE (Herrero & Asociados - BIST).
- 1 Entrepreneurship course for Post-Doc researchers co-organized, “From Science to Business” (ESADE - BIST).