IFAE performs frontier research in particle physics, astrophysics, and cosmology, fields of knowledge requiring advanced engineering, electronics and software technologies not existing in the market.
IFAE research & engineering teams develop their own technology, transferring it to industry by means of joint ventures, partnerships, R&D agreements, technical services based on singular scientific infrastructures, training sessions, consultancy, licensing and spin-off creation.
The KTT unit at IFAE promotes the valorisation and exploitation of new technological solutions for societal and industrial challenges, by increasing its technology readiness level to finally transfer it to the market.
2017 TECH. TRANSFER OUTPUT AT IFAE
COMPETITIVE FUNDS FROM COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION ACTIONS WITH PRIVATE SECTOR
NON COMPETITIVE FUNDS COMING FROM INDUSTRIAL AGREEMENTS AND SERVICES OFFERED TO EXTERNAL ENTITIES
- BIST-Ignite call project funded (THEIA). Led by IFAE's Medical Physics group in collaboration with ICN2, ICFO, Sorbonne Université and the Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer. Development of a retinal implant
- BIST-Ignite call project funded (ZPro). Led by IFAE's Neutrinos group in collaboration with ICIQ. Development of new medical devices.
- AGAUR, Doctorats Industrials call. Led by IFAE's Neutrinos group in collaboration with AIA group. Development of big data applications for the energy and finance sectors.
CONTRACT RESEARCH & SERVICES
PROTECTION, VALORIZATION & LICENSING
- 2 Disclosure of Inventions evaluated (internet of things, medical imaging)
- 1 PCT application filed (metabolic activity monitoring system)
- Publication of the IFAE Portfolio of technologies transferable to industry, consisting of engineering and computing solutions, 5 of them protected technologies.
- 1 Valorisation project granted (AGAUR – Llavor call) leaded by the ATLAS - Hadron Colliders research line applied to archaeology and security with the participation of the Expert Ymaging company.
- Co-organization of the 2nd Entrepreneurship course for Post-Doc researchers, “From Science to Business” (ESADE - BIST) with special participation of invited successful spin-offs/start-ups (Fuelium, Stat-Diagnostica, Iproteos).